I was recently nominated by whoulette (who has an awesome blog about hiking the Appalachian Trail) for the Liebster Award, which is not so much an award but a chain of links to cool and similar blogs. Here were the rules I was given:
- Thank and link back to your nominator.
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
- Nominate other bloggers with 200 or fewer followers and link to them (I cheated on this one)
- Draft 11 new questions for your nominees.
- Notify your nominees via their blogs or social media.
Here are the blogs I nominated:
Here are the 11 questions posed to me:
- What was your first experience with the Appalachian Trail?
- Riding in a child-pack on my dad’s back hiking up to Bear’s Den Rocks in Loudoun County, VA
- What do you miss the most from home life while out hiking?
- Being able to charge my camera easily
- What is your trail name?
- Don’t have one yet
- What is your least favorite part about hiking?
- What is your favorite piece of gear (not your most necessary)?
- Toss up between my PocketRocket stove and pup tent
- What do you do after a long hike?
- Do you prefer to hike with a group, partner, or alone?
- With my dad or a friend
- Have you ever enjoyed trail magic and if so, what was the best experience you’ve had with it?
- A grandmother and granddaughter hiked a section between their house and a bridge (about two miles) with us, keeping us company and telling stories about hikers that had passed through before us.
- For you, is the AT a regular part of your life, or a once and done thing?
- It will hopefully become a greater part of my life, as I continue to have more breaks and opportunities to hike. Definitely not a once and done thing
- What is your biggest anxiety in reference to the trail?
- That springs will be dried up/not where they were listed
- What is your favorite dinosaur?
- The ones with the long slender necks that seem like they’d be super gentle. I believe they’re vegetarians.
And here are the 11 questions I pose to my nominees:
1. Have you traveled anywhere that you’ve had an immediate connection to?
2. If you could only revisit one place you’ve ever been, where would it be?
3. Favorite hiking trail?
4. Favorite swimming experience?
5. Worst travel food experience?
6. Have you ever traveled somewhere you’d never want to go again?
7. Travel solo or with a friend/partner/group?
8. Most rugged overnight stay?
9. Any near-death experiences?
10. Most heart-warming experience with locals?
11. Best piece of travel advice